on 30 May 2019
The Marina Industries Association (MIA) recognised marinas across the APAC region in a gala on May 28
The Marina Industries Association (MIA) Club Marine Marina Awards have been announced at the Marinas19 Gala Dinner held on the Gold Coast on May 28. The announcement of the Awards came at the culmination of a successful Marinas19 International Conference and Trade Show that attracted 300 participants.
(Photo: Marina Industries Association – Group pic of Award winners)
The Award winners and finalists for the Club Marine Marina of the Year Awards 2019/20 are:
– Best Community Engagement by a Marina: Abell Point Marina, QLD
– Best Environmental Initiative by a Marina: South of Perth Yacht Club, WA
– Best Marina Restaurant: Southport Yacht Club, QLD
– Best International Marina: Bays of Islands Marina, NZ; finalists: Sanya Serenity Marina, China and Westhaven Marina, NZ
– Best Innovation by a Marina: Australian Superyacht Rendezvous at Gold Coast City Marina
– Club of The Year: South of Perth Yacht Club, WA; finalists: Royal Motor Yacht Club, Broken Bay, NSW and Southport Yacht Club, QLD
– Best Commercial Marina – Under 140 Boats: Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, QLD; finalist: Rivergate Marina & Shipyard, QLD
– Best Commercial Marina over 140 Boats: Abell Point Marina, QLD
– Best Boat Yard – Up To 20 Boats: Fenwicks Marina, NSW
– Best Boat Yard Over 20 Boats: Rivergate Marina & Shipyard, QLD; finalist: The Yard, QLD.
Port Denarau Marina, Fiji was also awarded entry into the Hall of Fame in the category of Best International Marina.
MIA President Andrew Chapman congratulated all the winners, finalists and entrants that contributed to such a successful awards evening.