on 24 Feb 2022
Leading in-water show takes place at Dubai Harbour from 9-13 March
After a two-year-long hiatus, the Dubai International Boat Show is back.
Set to take place from 9-13 March, Dubai International Boat Show 2022 (DIBS) features first-look boat launches, an extensive variety of stunning new builds, and a wide range of up-and-coming boats and sea toys.
This year’s show will take place at a new location: Dubai Harbour Marina. Opened in 2020, the sprawling Dubai Harbour development can house yachts up to 160 metres in length. Built on reclaimed land, and located between Bluewaters Island and Palm Jumeirah, the marina covers an area of almost 2 million square metres, and is the Middle East’s biggest marina.
As the largest marine and lifestyle show in the UAE, GCC and Middle East region, DIBS has a line-up of over 50 floating stands from leading brands including Feadship, Princess, Gulf Craft, Cranchi and Sanlorenzo.
World premieres at DIBS include Sunreef’s 80 Eco Line. Featuring ultralight composite-integrated solar panels within the mast, superstructure, and hull sides, the new boat is a flag-bearer for the trend towards green tech that is sweeping the yachting industry.
Regional launches of the Princess Y85, Sanlorenzo SX88, and the Damen Yachting Seaxplorer 60 are also set to take place, among others.
Visitors will be able to witness the tidal wave of innovation that has upturned the yachting world in recent years. Some of the newest boats on the market will be shown at the Show’s Marina Boat Display, whilst the Waterfront Paradise will feature novel watersports toy products.
“As Dubai International Boat Show moves into its new home, Dubai Harbour, we look forward to enhancing Dubai’s status as an internationally renowned superyachting destination,” says Trixie LohMirmand, executive vice president, events management, for organiser Dubai World Trade Centre. “The challenges of the last two years have sparked a desire for a more outdoor, spatial lifestyle, which in turn promises new growth opportunities for the industry. The leisure marine industry has continued to thrive in this period, while building on its ability to attract a wider and more diverse buyer base. Dubai International Boat Show offers that pivotal platform and opportunity for buyers and enthusiasts to finally appreciate the offerings of yachts, boats and accessories in their search for a creative and empowering passion.”
This year’s spectacle will showcase Equipment Supplies and Services (ESS) groups: an initiative aimed at bringing together exhibitors specialising in a plethora of marine products that are crucial to smooth operations in the yacht industry, including anchors, engine fittings, and fishing equipment. Novel AI-powered technology will play a key role in connecting buyers with ESS exhibitors, concierge services, and dedicated meetings lounges, and will be exclusively available to industry professionals, captains, and crew.
An important part of the week-long event will be the Middle East Yachting Conference. A gathering of over 100 boat industry heavyweights, featured speakers include Lurssen sales director Michael Breman, Pininfarina chief creative officer Kevin Rice, and Captain Sahar al Rasti: the UAE’s first female ship captain. Topics of discussion will range from cybersecurity threats to the empowerment of female yachters. Networking opportunities will be on offer for attendees.
“Dubai has established itself as a globally renowned city, bringing the world’s attention to the United Arab Emirates and the entire Middle East region,” said Mohammed Hussein AlShaali, chairman, Gulf Craft. ‘As one of the world’s emerging yachting hubs, it is no surprise that the Dubai International Boat Show is one of the most sought-after industry events that has gained prominence on the international stage. We are witnessing significant growth and demand from the leisure maritime industry here in the region and around the world, and our ‘home show’ – the Dubai International Boat Show – is a fantastic platform to showcase our Majesty Yachts, Nomad Yachts, Oryx Sport Cruisers and Silvercraft Fishing Boats.”
If you ever feel the urge to switch out your boating equipment for some diving gear, the Dubai Boat Show has got your back. One can explore the world of diving at the Dive MENA Expo, where attendees can view diving equipment and traverse a dive pool. Attendees can also listen to talks by renowned diving personalities such as Ahmed Gabr, who broke the Guinness World Record for the world’s deepest scuba dive, and David Diley: an award-winning filmmaker and underwater cinematographer.
- Fishing Competition in collaboration with Dubai International Marine Club (DIMC)
- Marina Boat Display: Some of the most innovative boats on the yachting scene on display
- Watersports Paradise: Exhibition of the latest watersports toys
Middle East Yachting Conference:
- Gathering of over 100 yachting industry heavyweights
- Topics ranging from cybersecurity, improving sustainability in the yachting industry, empowering female sailors etc.
- Featuring speakers such as Lurssen Sales Director Michael Breman and Pininfarina Chief Creative Officer Kevin Rice
- Relax, unwind, and network with fellow captains
- Captains will have complimentary access to Equipment Services and Supplies (ESS): an AI-powered network automatically pairing buyers with businesses that provide a plethora of services and supplies
- Including anchors, engine fittings, and fishing equipment
- Exclusive for industry professionals, captains, and crew
- Dive MENA Expo: dive pool, dive talks, and source diving equipment
- Dive Talks: Hear from diving experts such as 3x Guinness World Record, who broke Guinness World Record for world’s deepest scuba dive
- Largest marina in the region
- Can host yachts up to 160m in length
- A range of high-quality technical facilities